GERARD PIQUE - The Eight Wonder


Friday, August 10, 2007

Pique pleased to be back

Spanish defender Gerard Pique is glad to be back in Manchester and training with the first team ahead of the new campaign.


Pique has returned from a season-long loan at Real Zaragoza, where he helped the Spaniards finish sixth behind Real Madrid, Barcelona, Seville, Valencia and Villarreal.

His promising performances at the heart of Zaragoza’s defence were hugely impressive and prompted Sir Alex to recall the former Barcelona youngster for the start of the new season, where he is expected to act as an understudy to Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic.

Sporting a new close-cut hairstyle – the 20-year-old is grateful for the chance to try and push on into United’s first team.

“I saw what the lads achieved last season and just tried to keep my head down and do the best I could in the situation I was in," he told ManUtd.com. "This year I think the club will have another excellent season – and it would be great to be a part of that.”

Pique admits that the pace of the game in England is different and that he will have to adapt from playing in La Liga – but he is more than ready for the challenges that lie ahead.

“Everything is different when you play in another country," he admitted. "The style of play, the pace, the culture and the training. But I learned a lot last season and I’m looking forward for the chance to showing what I can do here."

"I’ve been back for a few sessions and I’m getting back into it – a few more and I’ll be ready to play I think. I just hope I get a chance to play at some stage.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home

Poll


Archives

August 2007
September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008

Real Zaragoza

August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007
July 2007

Links

Manchester United
Official Web Site

Man United Devils
Vamos Albiceleste
Vamos Argentina

Bestplayersdirectory.com - Want to know if your favourite player has a fansite or official website?

Contact me

E-mail Address

Powered By


Blogger