GERARD PIQUE - The Eight Wonder


Friday, August 31, 2007

Pique raring for step up


Gerard Pique was satisfied with his runout for the Reserves on Thursday night, but is eager to make the step up to Sir Alex Ferguson's senior side.

The young Spanish defender excelled on loan at Real Zaragoza last season and, while the Barclays Premier Reserve League North is a far cry from La Liga, he is happy to be back playing again.


With Sir Alex among the watching crowd at the Victoria Stadium for United's victory over Everton, Pique is geared up for a big season in his fledgling career.

"It was a great time (in Zaragoza), a fantastic experience for me and now I come back here and hope for a chance in the first team," he told MUTV. "I think it was great to play here tonight and to get 65-70 minutes to get fit and ready if the boss needs me in the first team."

"I had just two weeks' holidays, but I'm ready and fit and the game today was a good chance to prove myself and to show that I'm ready. I wanted to stay, the boss said I had to stay and I think it will be a big season for me at Manchester United."

Pique gave an assured performance in defence against the Toffees, but can also turn in an impressive shift in midfield after trying his hand further upfield at Zaragoza.

"Obviously I prefer to play as a centre back, I've always played there, but the circumstance last year was that someone had to play in the midfield and the coach said that I can play there," he said.

"It worked well, I played eight or nine games there and I feel comfortable there as well. I think it's important not just to play in one position, but to play in more. In doing this you can feel that you are a better player."

"Knowing how to play in these different positions makes me feel a better player, and I hope to just keep working to improve myself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Main Menu

Home

Poll


Archives

August 2007
September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008

Real Zaragoza

August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007
July 2007

Links

Manchester United
Official Web Site

Man United Devils
Vamos Albiceleste
Vamos Argentina

Bestplayersdirectory.com - Want to know if your favourite player has a fansite or official website?

Contact me

E-mail Address

Powered By


Blogger